NSIA’s 18th Annual Buoy 10 Salmon Challenge Raises Funds for Sportfishing
Location: Clatsop County Fairgrounds, Astoria, OR
2017 18th Annual Buoy 10 Salmon Challenge
AUGUST 18, 2017 ASTORIA, OR
BIGGEST CHINOOK WINS $1000
Contact NSIA: 503–631-8859 or Register Below
COOL THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Buoy 10 has some of the best fishing in the Columbia system
• The tournament field will be the waters between Buoy 10 to the upper end of Rice Island.
• Every individual in the boat MUST be entered in the Derby with the exception of those physically impaired anglers requiring assistance. However, the individual providing assistance may not fish. Pre-approved media may not fish unless they are part of a team.
• Teams compete for first through third place prizes for boats with the highest cumulative weight of salmon and steelhead.
• This year we return to the convenient and spacious Clatsop County Fairgrounds in Astoria, Oregon.
• There will be a Sign-in and Cocktail party for team captains from 5:00 to 7:00pm on Thursday, August 17th. This will be an opportunity for all captains to hear the derby rules, collect team bags and t-shirts. Plus there will be a Captain’s raffle with the opportunity to win a valuable prize.
• The day of the derby, weigh-in will take place from 2:00 to 5:00pm followed by a delicious barbecue meal from Rogue Brewing.
• Cody Herman, of Day One Outdoors, will present the Big Fish and team prizes.
• There will also the chance to bid on great items at the bucket raffle and silent auctions, or take home a valuable bag of goodies by bidding on a Dutch auction bag.
• No one leaves empty handed from an NSIA derby – stick around for the fantastic door prize give away at the end of the evening!
• All proceeds go to benefit the Northwest Sportfishing Industry Association (NSIA). By engaging the Sportfishing community in fun events like the Buoy 10 Salmon Challenge, NSIA has been successful in opening new fisheries, growing existing fisheries, and representing the voice of Sportfishing in government.
• You can register below or contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-631-8859. After your entry is processed, you will receive a confirmation letter, with your team number(s) via mail or email.
• The first 30 teams who enter will be placed in a drawing for a free team entry for next year!
• Please note that NSIA does not have a hotel room block this year. Make sure to ask for NSIA’s Astoria Riverwalk Inn promo code for a 10% discount on rooms.
Hurry to reserve your space now, as hotels fill months in advance in Astoria!